View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Watching the video, a couple of drawbacks to this approach occurred to me. The first is I realized how exposed (as in unprotected) the e-ink panel is in the design. The second is how exposed to other folks reading it the e-ink panel is, which might not be the best thing in the world.

I can just see some hacker writing a virus to access the e-ink panel and display information or whatever without your knowledge when the lid is open so that anyone walking by might see it. Could be pretty bad, depending on how nasty said hacker was disposed to be that day (assuming your e-ink panel wasn't scratched and scuffed so badly as to be unreadable).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote