View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 08:01 PM   #3
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
One thing seems clear to me now: Minimo is currently a memory eater and doesn't share the same lean characteristics of Firefox & co.
Erm, you seem to be missing the minor fact that Firefox is over twice that size... The only reason the installer is so small is that it's compressed.

Of course, it could be much smaller, as it's supposed to be Mini Mozilla... But it takes time to compress code down and trim out useless or unneeded code. Minimo is still at, basically, a pre-alpha stage, after all. So I guess you should be glad that it exists at all currently.

Or we can blame Dell for making such a badly designed way of managing it's address space. Yes... I love blaming Dell. Such a pathetic company... Wait for everyone else to solve all the problems, then copy at a cheaper price. Erm, and they have terrible tech support... And they don't exactly make quality laptops... Right... </semi-incoherant-rant>