View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Next version of KFire needs to have better USB charging

I don't personally care if I have to keep it hanging on my USB port all day, but at least let me charge and use it at the same time.

A year or so ago I made the decision to stop using all but one power strip (which will also be out the door soon enough now that I only need two plugs for the DVR box and TV itself), because with how technology is changing, you don't need 20 something cables popping out of computers anymore. I used to have everything from scanners, routers, modems, to speakers on one strip.

All my devices are capable of charging via USB, including my Windows Mobile devices, my iPods, my Zune, and eInk Kindle.

The Kindle Fire can charge by USB, but you can't be using it at the same time, which defeats the whole purpose of being able to hook it up to your computer in the first place. When it's a device which is in fact running a mobile variation of Android, it amazes me that everything else it a tablet standard.

And while you can use the thing while it's charging via a wall socket, they didn't take into consideration that commonly most of them are like three inches from the ground, thus very uncomfortable. That and the fact that you either have to have a small table nearby or have the thing sitting on the carpet/floor/whatever.

I know it needs more power, and that the iPad also has this problem, but let me put it this way... If you're working on a program, having the Kindle next to you can let you go over the related guide at the same time without having to have it open on the same computer and switching back and forth. You could also follow videos more easily. And again, because the Fire isn't exactly running real tablet software, and there are specific versions for it, it makes more sense for Amazon to make it so it uses less power.

My rant for 5 o'clock in the morning. :P. Hopefully someone feels the same way.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote