View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 04:45 AM   #131
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drachasor View Post
Yes, we have a device like that already. It's a Netbook.
OK, how about:-

I expect to use an iPad for the things that I find a laptop too large, a smartphone too small, and a netbook too clunky?

Of course, it's all down to personal preferences, and if you're looking to save a few bucks and are happy to read on a netbook, then you go for it - nothing stopping you. Personally, I don't want to read on a device with a keyboard attached any more than I want to read on a device with two screens so I can pretend it's just like a book. But that's just me.

As has been said many times on this thread and others, the iPad isn't trying to be all things to all people; it is what it is, and if that doesn't suit you then that's fine. Maybe someone will write an App that covers some of the functionality you're missing, and maybe they won't if they see those functions as too 'niche' to be worthwhile.

Quote:
This is why I say there's next to no market for this device... There's very, very little room for something like the Ipad.
And as I said earlier, I disagree. I think there are as many people like me (who'll be happy with the device and its functions, and will be familiar with how it works from our experiences with iPod and iPhones) as there are like you, whose needs will clearly be met by something else.

We'll see how it all pans out in the next six weeks or so.

Cheers, Pete.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote