View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #386
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
When I said "this" I was referring to post #367 where you brought up Android fans for some reason, not post #371 where you are repeating the same point.

In post #362 you said that "this is what happens to "sheeple"". In post #363 expressed my disagreement with the idea that fans are the ones getting conned, making this an implied distinction fans vs. regular consumers. So I don't understand why, when replying to me in post #367 you would bring up the susceptibility of Android fans to getting conned.
What I said in post 362 was made in jest. It appeared the joke was lost on you and you took exception to what I said by your response in 363 in which you created your distinction and essentially spouted a well known maxim for consumers -- if it seems too good to be true it probably is! So, my response in 367 was essentially to say -- lighten up, I was joking, and I really don't believe that Apple fans are any more likely than Android fans to be conned in this particular manner. (As for sheeple being more prone to other types of cons/scams, that's a different matter! ) Hence, no need for any distinctions to be made.

I should add that I think your making a distinction between "fans" and regular consumers is an artificial and false one. It's a distinction that is totally irrelevant to my original post (363).

All fans (of technology) are to some extent consumers. And in this big sea of consumers there is a wide gamut -- from the very cautious and savvy shoppers, to careless and uninformed ones. The lady in Arlington, while likely an Apple fan, is also likely a careless and uninformed consumer.

So, bottom line, I replied to you the way I did because I didn't see the relevancy to my post of the distinction you were making, I didn't agree with the distinction your were making, and so I just wanted to clarify and reiterate my original post, assuming you hadn't understood it.

--Pat