View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
With Peter's help, it looks like you have it worked out. But, the following is what I work with in the driver.

The following is the query that the calibre driver runs:

select Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded
from content
where BookID is Null
and Accessibility <> 6
and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1)
and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) )

That is with preview, expired and recommendations options unchecked.

From that:

- Rows with null BookID are describe an actual book. If BookID is not null, it is a chapter in the book.

- Accessibility == 6 is a preview, Accessibility == 4 is a recommendation.

- IsDownloaded in ('true', 1) means the book is in the device. Not true means it is not downloaded which means it is a recommendation. With different firmware, this could be false under

- ContentID = 6 is a book. ContendID = 10 is a newspaper or periodical. The driver doesn't actually use this. I only found out about ContendID = 10 recently. If I remember, I'll add these as a shelf "Newspaper/Periodical" in the device list.

- I'm not completely sure about the ___ExpirationStatus test. This is carried over from the old driver. But, the null rows are the chapter rows. I assume 3 means an expired preview or some other sort of time limited book. If that is right, they probably disappear with the next sync with Kobo.

- ReadStatus: "Im_Reading":1, "Read":2,"Closed":3

- FavouritesIndex was used for older firmware to indicate the book is on the Shortlist. Not used with 2.0.0 or later.

If you exclude anything with a contentId starting with "file:///usr/local/" you will exclude the help which aren't listed in the library. That leaves you with all the "physical" books. Excluding mimeType = "application/x-kobo-epub+zip" will cut out the kepubs.

You can see the query the driver uses if you run calibre in debug mode. Look for "KoboTouch:books - query" in the output.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote