View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #12
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Not read all the examples, but one set of blurb that annoys me on Amazon (and this is from published authors from some of the big however many there are now) is when the blurb is comprised of only the following

"Great read" A person some paper
"Captivating, couldn't put it down" some other person who must carry around a lot as they can never put anything down.
"Wow" more probably paid people...
"Amazing" a few quotes that are likely just made up, hey who'll ever know...

But not a single paragraph summarising what the book is actually about nor even what genre it is. There may be samples available, but that's no excuse imo. It's quicker to read a quick summary and decide if it fits the kind of books I usually read enough to download the sample and try it.

I skipped a few books that were on offer for 20p the other day because of this. No idea what the book was about and didn't want to spend time downloading/reading a sample to find out :P Had there been a single paragraph of blurb that sounded even remotely interesting I'd have bought just bought them for the sake of 20p.

Indie authors are also repeat offenders when it comes to this. "A great read"-Ted, Amazon reviewer. Ummm,ok, good for Ted but who is he and why should I care? Just tell me what your dopey novel is about.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote