View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #22
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
As I understand it, they are tied to an internal identifier, but you can re-download them with new identifiers when you change devices. Mobipocket's scheme is fairly flexible ... as DRM systems go.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean my book files, I meant the files called Mobipocket_PID.mbp and Mobipocket_PID.txt. I wondered if those could be transferred to a new machine and allow it to work with the same Mobipocket files as before. One of the potential problems with DRM is that if the company you bought books from goes out of business, or drops DRM products, (as Google Video did with their videos), you're stuck with useless files once you update your hardware.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote