View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #479
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I appreciate your effort and am officially impressed by your comprehension of css but to be honest, I don't fully understand the logic of css.
when you show code that goes with those brackets like "</body>" I don't call that css, I call that HTML ... so more confusion for me.
To me css goes something like .p{ margin-top: 1em; text-indent: 1.5em;} etc ...

css as I perceive it does not always act logically either. I've seen lots of css within epubs to realize that a same action in two different books may be triggered by different code. To take a very simple example to illustrate my point, a given book will have:
.body{text-indent: 1.5em;} while another books will have .p{text-indent: 1.5em;} and the result in each book will be EXACTLY the same, the text will indent throughout the book even though two different selectors have been used, as a result, to me .body and .P are the same.

Even stranger, I have seen css code that does not even change anything making me wonder why the hell it is there at all ?
again the simplest example possible:
.p{text-indent: 1.5em;}
.p2{text-indent: 2em;} etc ...
In this case I have experimented changing the p2 indent value to 0em just to see what it would change in the book and ... NOTHING changed, it's like the value is redundant. so why ? to add more confusion ?

So even though I would love to fully understand css, I think I will only stick with the basics of it. Because this is getting to a point where I spend more time trying to figure out the css and fixing it (whenever I can) than the time I spend reading, which kind of defeats the purpose of having switched from print books to e-books a couple years ago or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
In CSS, you can reference tags on a page just by typing the tag's name. For example "body" would reference the <body>...</body> element, "p" would reference anything inside <p>...</p> tags, and something like "div" would match anything inside generic <div>...</div> tags.

Last edited by Quexos; 05-19-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote