View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #86
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
I had this problem with my Kindle DXG. It's tied to the Kindle device not the account. Which means that some used Kindles are ticking time bombs.

The story here was that I bought a used Kindle DXG from craigslist that sort of broke on me. I contacted Amazon who happily agreed to replace it, half a day later my account was closed. Contacted Amazon again and they said that the Kindle DXG I bought was returned a huge amount of times and they froze my account.

Thankfully customer service is pretty nice, I got moved up to a higher level rep who quickly saw that I was not the original purchaser, not even close. So they reopened up my account, unfortunately they wouldn't replace the Kindle though so I had to fix it myself.
I never even would have thought that Amazon would replace a device purchased through craigslist! How old was it?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote