View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
thetaoofrecovery
thetaoofrecovery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Kindle Fire Directory Structure/OS

First just want to say how happy I am with my Kindle Fire, which I bought on impulse and haven't regretted yet!

I am a proficient Windows user, and like to organize my files into particular directories etc. w/ Explorer. I downloaded the explorer ap for my Kindle. One of the quirks of the Fire OS is figuring out the directory structure and its implication for where my "books" and other documents appear. For example --

When I used Calibre to convert an ebook to a compatible MOBI format (by deleting the PDOC tag) and let calibre transfer it to my device, I noticed that the 3 files associated with the book are located in the DOCUMENTS folder, but that the book itself is displayed in the BOOKS section. I would have thought (intuitively) that the file(s) would have to be in the BOOKS folder to appear there. Can anyone please explain to me how this works...I really want to be sure that I understand how to "organize" my files (both in the directory, and how they will be displayed) before loading many files onto the device.

Thanks!
thetaoofrecovery is offline   Reply With Quote