View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #70
pulsar
Connoisseur
pulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfolded

Device: kindle 3, kobo vox
Was it just me, or anyone else had the unit gone to a full factory reset this morning? I didn't do anything with the unit for a couple of days, and this morning, trying to power it on, I got "system error - will do a factory reset" message. After that it went through a couple of reboots, system update, and from all the looks ended up in the state identical to the one when I just got it (kernel Oct. 27) - so apparently it can do a true factory reset under certain circumstances, if the things get pretty screwy.

I am thinking - should I make a full SD card image now, when it's in its most pristine state? I have now adb over USB working, so presumably I don't even have to root the unit or install any apps.
pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote