View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #171
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Oh, you must be rather forgiving. I was thoroughly irritated with the lack of italics (don't remember the book, not very long one). Couldn't understand when character just thought or actually said an opinion.
My library was started in the 80's. Typewriters don't do italics, handwritten manuscripts don't have italics, and many of my .txt format books were designed to be read without italics.

The bottom line is that I was unwilling to restrict my library to only the books I'd reviewed - I want access to them all. I knew I would never finish the job of reviewing them all. My library is for reading, and I never know how my reading interests will turn. As far as I'm concerned, two libraries is equivalent to one library with a subset of the books tagged and I find it easy to tag my books once they've been processed.

It's not unusual for me to read far enough into a book in my library to decide I hate it, and rate it accordingly, or to decide I like it, which triggers me to clean it up (and usually most of the other books in that series or by that author). Sometimes I find that one format is bad, but I have another format that is fine.

I'd love to have all my books "perfect," but I find that my definition of perfection changes over time, so even my processed books sometimes have to be reprocessed.