View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 12:03 AM   #3
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
I for one look forward to even thinner / more flexible eInk type display units. While 10 years is an eternity in technology it's also not very long at all, so I wouldn't expect to see a major upheaval again so soon - maybe in 15yrs. Consider that back in 2000 we were all getting our mp3's, videos and such; all we've done since is refine the devices that display them.

In my view, there's a huge battle going on now however between independents and mega-corps; concurrently the independents are pushing for open-access/DRM-free/common-standards and the mega-corps are pushing for tighter controls, dreaming of the day of per-view/per-eyeballs payments. Which way the war will go is hard to say at the moment, however with the strong push towards open-standards I'm hoping that mega-corps are forced back to winning market share and profits based on quality of content rather than lock-in.

Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote