View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
It's great to see someone from ETI stopping in. Welcome!

I was perfectly happy with my eBookwise 1150, except for its inability to read PDFs, and its lack of openness. (If I could have easily exported my notes from the eBw 1150, I might still be using it-- someone did figure out how to split PDFs into linked jpegs just after I bought the iLiad.) These were the reasons that I went for the iLiad -- more so than the e ink. The higher pixel density of e ink is nice, but not critical, especially considering how much it adds to the cost.

As something I could recommend to others, an updated ETI device would certainly be in the running. My requirements are pretty much the same as mogui's, especially the open OS, which would let community developers enhance the functionality of the device. The only other suggestion I'd have would be to look at bistable LCD, to reduce power consumption.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote