View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I haven't done much pdf conversion, but I thought pdf to html goes through epub as an intermediary first. Do you use some other program for pdf->html or do you process the html before going back to epub?
I don't think it does, but I'm not sure . My understanding is the flow goes:
PDF to HTML with CSS, then converts to XML and gets zipped up with the images and other crap into an ePub (which is a zip file of XML, images, and other crap )

I use Adobe Acrobat Pro to export PDF to HTML, then use Calibre to convert to ePub, then use Sigil to edit the ePub.

I've also tried exporting to HTML, and editing the HTML first, but now with Sigil I prefer messing directly with the ePub.

(I also just realized that Acrobat Pro should really have an Export to ePub option...given Adobe's interest in the format)
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote