View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #114
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Hard to tell. It could be software writing garbage data to the framebuffer, or it COULD be a broken screen. They often start like that, then a diagonal crack appears after awhile and slowly grows.

Try holding you kindle so that light reflects off the screen, and see if their is an slight change of background tint, that changes with angle to your eyes or to the light source. A crack can be nearly invisible, but still slightly change the surface plane of the glass substrate (often visible by the test I suggested).

Good luck.
I dunno. I think I've seen (probably) just about every native (as in I didnt break it) horrific broken SOFTWARE scenario for X and non X kindles now. sync broken, only green text on black, tiny white box in corner, only black output, only grey screen, single grey line in middle of screen, partial garbled output, etc. etc. That kinda looks like a broken X... but you don't have one I believe...

I don't recognise that one if I am honest...
My guess? and it's a guess... Toast. Sorry mate.

Last edited by twobob; 11-12-2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: guess
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote