View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I'm going to try the Nimbus sample file, but can I throw my favorite, Charis SIL, back into the running?

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/p...=CharisSILfont

It is freely available, serif, and a bit darker than the norm, because it's designed for "less than optimal reading conditions." If you check out library books, you might have seen it already because it's often embedded in Overdrive library books.

eP
You make it sound like Charis is used in all Overdrive eBooks. Not so. It's done by the publisher and Overdrive has nothing to do with font embedding. Charis is the most common font family used for embedding fonts.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote