View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #18
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Used your fonts one day extensively. My personal impression:

Pros:
+ Nimbus is a VERY readable font on the Sony PRS350 5”
+ Fonts are darker compared to the original Sony fonts.
+ Blackening is regular
+ Not as straight as Caecilia but not as cheerful like Times. Could be a golden midway.

Cons: ---

Thanks. Trying the new version.

A.
Thanks for trying out NimbusMod on your 350, and providing feedback.

I agree, NimbusMod isn't fancy. This was intentional, because first and formost, NimbusMod was designed to be easy to read, and to help minimize screen reading fatigue, not for 'variety' or 'style'.

On my 650, I find that NimbusMod let's me comfortably read about a full font size smaller text compared to Sony's default font, and still read longer without fatigue.

I will be doing a few final minor tweaks to NimbusMod over the next day or two to improve the legibility of some of the punctuation glyphs at smaller font sizes (increasing the font weights of single and double quotation marks, and some of the other minor diacritic elements).

So let me know if you have any other suggestions for improvements.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote