Thread: Kobo Tweaks
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #55
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I tried a radical measure, deleting those Kobo books not only in the bibliotheque, but in the .kobo and in the .kepub files, afterwards also in ADE and in Calibre. So, now these books don't show any more at the starting process, but the screen now shows, in the same way as before, for a short period, the information that the bibliotheque is empty, and that I should load a book first.
The kepubs should be deleted using the interface on the device. Then do a sync back to the Kobo server. This will remove all details from the device and tell the server you don't want them to be downloaded again. You can get them back later using the Kobo site.

For sideloaded books, whether they are manually added or via ADE or calibre, it is a little better to use the device to delete them. That makes sure everything is cleaned up properly. Deleting from calibre is also safe and simpler if you want to remove a lot of books.
Quote:
Then, this vanishes, and my sideloaded books (on SD-card) appear as usual. As far as I can see, bookmarks are working properly on them when open.

But this is not the progress that I tried to achieve; I have been searching for a way of "eliminating" the pace when the device first accesses the Kobo files. this but seems to be impossible.
I think what is happening is the device starts and displays books from the internal memory. Then it sees the SD card and updates the list to show those books. There probably isn't anything you can do abut this. While I don't use an SD card much, I probably don't see this as I rarely power-off my Glo. It goes to sleep and returning to the Home screen from a book or sleep doesn't have this problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote