View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Export/import books across intl. boundaries

I got thinking about different copyright jurisdictions, specifically life+50 vs. life+70, and wonder what legal position am I in if I e.g. order a paper book by Raymond Chandler (d. 1959) from Canada (life+50) and get it shipped to Norway(life+70)?
Am I (or anybody else) breaking the law, and whose law - Norway's or Canada's?
And which international convention regulates this (and makes it illegal for me to download the books from this site?)

----------
"Two things the less you know about the better: How sausages are made and how laws are made"
Otto von Bismarck
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote