Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
In ContentManager each activity has its own launchBook method with slightly different bodies - which totals 5

By the way settings module remembers path to the last book it used to setup standby screen - so it should be safe to call it multiple times for the same book.

So after last reading time is properly set - you just need to do

Intent intent = new Intent("android.intent.action.book_selected");
sendBroadcast(intent);

to update standby picture from home page.
Great! Adding it to the launchBook method in the home screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0534ng31 View Post
There is no v5 link in the first post
Fixed! Also: v6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjack443 View Post
Really liking v5, but I do have some questions.
First, what are the names for all the built-in menu options? app_pictures doesn't work, nor does app_periodicals.
Secondly, The categories for the second page don't appear in the same order as in the config-file.
Third, is there a way to reload the configuration without killing the app from the settings menu?
Fourth, it appears that the home app loads the default Sony menu after a reboot. It says (and shows) recently read on the first page, but all the buttons are default, and the third page doesn't work.

Update issue 1: I've figured out app_picture, app_periodical and app_allnote. In the default config-file it says app_allnotes which doesn't work.
Update issue 4: It appears starting the device with another launcher and then opening the modified homescreen later solves the fourth issue.
1: These should be all. Adding the list to a comment in the default config.
  • app_allbook
  • app_allnote
  • app_audio
  • app_collection
  • app_dictionary
  • app_googlebook
  • app_handwriting
  • app_library
  • app_periodical
  • app_periodical_reference
  • app_picture
  • app_store
  • app_textmemo
  • app_thirdstore
  • app_webbrowser

2: Category order has been fixed.

3: New feature: Long press on back button in home screen triggers reload of configuration.

4: I haven't been able to reproduce, but when unable to read or parse the configuration file it uses the Sony stock app lists. Reloading the configuration as per point 3 should help when this happens.

New release, V6 (I have to come up with a new version numbering scheme): http://morkl.se/reader/homemod_v6.zip