View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 08:12 AM   #67
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
This is the reason she is so popular and influential reviewer. Unlike some other reviewers she points out the good AND the bad. So people that select the book according to her review can know exactly what they are getting.

Have you ever considered crowd-sourcing the location of typos / errors? A really good editor is irreplaceable, but still ...

Thanks Kacir, it is a good suggestion. This is very much what is happening, with several readers from this forum and others already offering a great deal of feedback on what they found and another reader is going through an "edit" pass also and expected to finish in about a week's time. It's a huge effort for anyone and I can't stress how much I already appreciate their help even though I have yet to upload revisions.

As I continue writing, I find I make mistakes less frequently, but that doesn't make spotting my earlier errors any easier. Well, maybe a little.

Now that I'm travelling to work on the trains once again, I'll start writing short stories and there's a few from the TE world I have yet to finish. Nearly all will be set before the main story and look into the world that spawned the events of TE.

It gives me a chance to experiment with styles and to tell the tales that lay in the background and behind the scenes of the main story.

Some will provide vignette's for characters who were missing from the story, their existence only hinted at in reference. Others will look at the technology behind the story - one of them is planned to be horror and involves the crickets.

There are many others in the works and I've decided to expand on the short stories to get back into the swing of regular writing while commuting.

But if there was an aspect of the story anyone enjoyed or really wanted to know more about, please send me an email or PM. If it's fitting, I may target it specifically in one of the shorts.

-Solicitus - Thankyou for mentioning - I hope you enjoy it

Thanks
David
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote