View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #11
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
Thanks for the input.

Jocampo, I have read your thread about the SGT and I did ask a question about how all of your books are laid out. Like are they all found in one place? Is there an app where you can read all of your books (like B&N and other epubs like Kobo)? I do remember your post when you tried the NC. I know it wasn't for you. It has some downsides and is not a tablet, but a lcd reader that does some tablet type things. I realize this, and I do really like the NC and would probably root it if I bought one just as I did that with my Nook Classic. I am still on the fence thought. The Tab is quite a bit more here and I don't really have $700 to throw down right now, so that is a minus for me on it.

So, the Galaxy Tab still goes to mobile sites? I can't process credit cards on mobile sites. The frakkin BB apps for this suck (if anybody knows of a good BB app for this, I would love to hear about it. I might even switch brands to iphone or android if they have a really good app for this). I was just hoping I could kill two birds with one stone.

Maybe the NC would work (if I had wifi available).

I really love the idea of the NC for reading, and I want to use this mainly for night time reading. Do they have wifi enabled on the NC testers at either B&N or Best Buy?
Yes, with Galaxy Tab you basically have a small computer on your hands. The browser fully supports Flash and you can visit and use any site. I use it for my bank accounts here in USA and no problems so far. You can type or use the mobile version of a site or the regular one; Dolphine browser auto adjusts text and screen size and you can use gestures as well.

If you are planning to use any of those as an ereader, I would like to mention than Nookt Color does not provide landscape mode; Galaxy does, with its Nook Android app and Kindle. PDF experience is better with the Galaxy Tab; Nook Color does not save "last page read" when reading a PDF, annoying. You can use night reading mode on Galaxy, with Kindle and Nook apps.

Multitasking with the Galaxy Tab and switching apps is awesome.

If price is a concern and you are willing to root, go get the Nook Color. Of course, you will have to understand that you will be altering the original device and Os so any future B&N firmware upgrades can break it, unless you disable wifi.

Last edited by jocampo; 01-18-2011 at 02:02 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote