View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 02:25 AM   #17
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There are of course three "definitive" epics which I'd recommend everyone to read: Homer's "Iliad" and "Odyssey", and Virgil's "Aeneid". They are among the cornerstones of Western literature.
Harry I would also add to your list The Mahabharata, The Enuma Elish, The Epic Of Gilgamesh, The Ramayana, and The Fairie Queen. I think these and many others are also essential epic poems that should be read as well.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote