View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 02:16 AM   #7
peterson
Connoisseur
peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramast View Post
If your kindle is suspended no matter what code you will write it will not execute to wake up your kindle.
Its like writing a program to wake up your computer from sleep mode.
That's not necessarily true, a suspended computer can wake up from various events. E.g. the kindle can wake up when button pushes are detected or USB events. My laptop also wakes up when there is network traffic (wake-on-lan).

I hope that e.g. the RTC (realtime clock) can provide alarms that might wake up the Kindle.

Quote:
your only bet is to prevent your kindle form being suspended in the first place, not sure how though
That's easy. I could just increase the timeout or defer suspend indefinitely. But this would be plan B (or C).
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote