View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #9
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Ah-hah. Well, hell, if the mighty INDD has that limit, I can only infer that mere Acrobat certainly would have it as well. Hmph. Thank you! I'll look into it further and alert my client to this glitch.

How in the name of Hades did you find that? I mean, seriously, what search phrasing did you use, pls?

Hitch
"acrobat footnote limit" 2nd hit
"adobe footnote limit" would have been better: 1st an InDesign forum

But as soon as we suspected internal counter problems I looked for acrobat-specific stuff related to such.

If we further guess right and it's something in adobe's libraries let's try the indesgn fix:
Tell your client to try restart *note numbers for every chapter/part. if keeping the counter low helps, we got bull's eye.

Altough I really wonder about the figure 400.
Would it be something in usual maxint ranges I'd get it but 400!?
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote