View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #188
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglerner View Post
@ixtab,

Short question for a short answer:

Is it safe to upgrade to FW 5.1 without uninstalling FontHack?
If you don't have the custom libfreetype you may run into some problems like I did if the Kindle doesn't like the custom fonts you chose. But theoretically you should be able to update. (I was and my Kindle survived. :P) If your Kindle shows the Kindle needs repair screen at reboot, don't panic, connect it to the computer and it should go away. Install the custom libfreetype and it should not appear anymore.
I was forced to uninstall some of the hacks (including libfreetype) otherwise the update would fail for me. But if you want to keep your custom fonts don't uninstall fonthack. A new version of the FontHack is in the works and should be ready soon (according to ixtab) and if you want to play safe, you can uninstall the current version before the update and install the new one when it's ready.
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote