View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Metadata - I only want to download Comments

Is there a way, in Calibre (which is generally fantastic!), to download only selected metadata?

In particular, I'd like to only download the Comments (which seem to be the book descriptions).

I've found that when downloading everything, that certain titles are changed, authors are changed, etc (when some piece of metadata has multiple matches perhaps?). Most recently, one of the tiles was changed to include "- Screenplay" and the an aditional author was added (who worked on the screenplay, but not the novel itself).

I use a program called "Extreme Movie Manager" that uses a huge range of available scripts to download metadata based on movie title. Whenever a duplicate or any confusion is present, it asks you to select the appropriate one from options (showing previews as you move through the choices). It is very effective. What is also nice is that you can control, completely (check boxes) which metadata is downloaded as well as indicate whether any current metadata is overwritten or left as is, ignoring newly downloaded info.

Thanks for any suggestions (hopefully pointing me to a nice button to push).
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote