View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 11:23 AM   #5
fryandlaurie
fryandlaurie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by jęd
Strange way of choosing a games console...! I can appreciate a business being concerned over wep, but I would've thought gaming wasn't quite so serious...!
I meant that the Nintendo DS and the Iliad would force me to lessen the security of my network where four PCs are connected securely over WPA2.
I am mostly concerned with identity theft. I live in a densely populated area where there are at least 6 to 7 WLANs visible at any given time. Having a secure network means that I can put less effort into intranet security (I know, a big word for such a small network ;-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by jęd
Probably better off getting a small laptop than an Illiad. Surfing at the moment is creaky and a bit slow (due to refresh rate, etc). Irex may resolve the problems tomorrow or may be next year. Best to buy the Iliad based on what it can do now (its a handy display device to replace paper) rather than what it can't.
Sounds sensible. I would be willing to live with a few Iliad shortcomings where it comes to web browsing but I guess I will never know if the limitations would be acceptable unless I buy one. Right now, I am biding my time and hope for improvements with every new firmware revision.
fryandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote