View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
forumshrew
forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyash View Post
Seems a lot of people here like Moon+ Pro for PDF. I bought it and don't like it as much as QuickOffice.

Moon+ Pro forces me to read in portrait mode, won't let me jump to a particular page, and is slower to resize pages.

So how come so many seem to love this app?
I love it because I can highlight any text in throught the whole document and either export all highlights or go back later through the file and read the highlights (good for studying tech manuals).

A little trick I do with pdf's. If I want to create a pdf file (and want it large for easy viewing on tablet) from a say Microsoft Word doc, I will save the file at size 24 font and then using a print to pdf program (bullzip pdf printer) will make the pdf. (create pdf's from web pages also by printing to pdf). (I know could have it as epub and just increase the font, but sometimes I want a document that will fly and the pdf allows that).

If I have a downloaded pdf from somewhere and want to make it bigger I will open the pdf (in any pdf reader) then hit print to pdf. will do custom scaling till it barely fits within the print page screen (you will see this option in the bullzip print options that comes up before you actually print). This gives me a 10% or more bigger pdf. Much nicer for reading on tablet (asus transformer tf101).

Last but not least. For just straight reading of a pdf I have found nothing better than EBookDroid - PDF & DJVU Reader. Blazing fast rendering, just sweet. I have purchased ez pdf reader but I just keep it around checking its updates to see if it ever comes up to snuff for my taste.

PS, no trouble here with reading in landscape mode with Moon Reader. I never read anything in portrait mode. You learn alot by trail and error. Open a program play with the settings and see what it does. you can't hurt it. Hope this is a little clearer than mud. Just like to be helpful if I can.
forumshrew is offline   Reply With Quote