View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
Are you using the narrow or wide layout?
Both. I seem to be settling on Wide, but I often don't have the Book Details panel open at all.

Controlling the Cover Browser, Tag Browser, and Book Details panels solely by icons in the status bar is, in my experience, a somewhat unusual UI choice. My personal preference is old school: have everything controllable from the main menu bar, even if other UI options are available.

In other words, while I was letting people bring up and hide the search tool, I'd also make the status bar a user interface option, as it is in Firefox, for example. The only mandatory item there is the Jobs status, which I think does need to be visible somewhere at all times.

With those two changes, screen real estate can be maximized, whether one or more of the three optional panels is open or not.
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote