View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #10
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydwarf View Post
Problems I've heard:

Unusable library due to epub issues (whether or not this is blown out of proportion, I don't know; I have a hard time finding a by-the-numbers account of what's going on with it, what the actual user-ramifications are, and what the workarounds actually mean for a user)
1.9 have the same problem, so if you don't have problem with 1.9, you don't have new problem with the 2.0

Quote:
Flashing problems (leading to rma's)
The number I heard is really low

Quote:
Some people reporting abnormally slow page turns
I don't hear about this that doesn't exist in 1.9
Quote:
Battery issues (I've only seen people reporting this in the last day or two because the thread was necro'd, so wasn't a decision before about firmware usage; but it is an issue now)
Neither for 1.9 version

Quote:
Looking at the "official" 2.0 list, 1.9 already had the features, and there was no mention of increased performance/stability/bug fixes/etc. Up until this issue, I wasn't having stability problems (I've read it for 3 or 4 hours at a stretch with no problem), and 1.9 already had the features. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, especially when there's no way to go back to the 1.9 firmware I'm currently happy with (aside from last night).
You're right, this release miss some informations.

Quote:
No, I didn't forget; I never knew. There's no sticky about "Opus Bugs" or "Things you should know about your Opus" or anything like that. Searching the forum for "content loss" yields up three threads. This one, and two others (the most recent of the other two is almost a year old). The thrust is basically "don't be a moron when disconnecting the device; do it the way you're supposed to, and you won't have problems."
What you cite was for HarryT, not especially for you.

Quote:
Are you saying that you can pull the usb cable now in 2.0/1.5 without bothering with doing the Safely Remove Hardware under windows (or a double sync under linux; the old sun admin in me does a double sync, instead of a single sync. It's just the way I was taught back in the day)?
You can, but it's risky.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote