View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 12:41 AM   #12
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
yeah, good point about the resistor. I should have said that turning it _may improve contrast if it hasn't been dialed up (eg JSWolf's wife's contrast is probably already as high as it'll go) but it may also improve it by a rather considerable amount if it's been dialed low. Vice-versa for ghosting.

Regarding my own Reader, after so much tweaking yesterday I began to suffer from multiple-choice indecision syndrome. I have to say that when I turned it on today not thinking about what I'd done the day before, I was quite pleasantly surprised. The readability and aesthetitcs were very noticeably improved. But, again, your mileage will definately vary and don't expect anything huge. Also, there was indeed more ghosting but that doesn't bother me much.

P.S. I didn't have much trouble with the magnet. Another point for someone who'd like to try this: the trick is that after you take out all the screws you can find (one on the back, two on the bottom, two under the SD lid), you have to pull the plastic sides apart to reveal more screws.
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote