View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I love Kafka and I have enjoyed most of the Murakami I've read. He can be odd at times and I'm wondering how or if some of his themes in the novels show in the shorter form.
I'm currently reading another of his short story collections, "Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman". The introduction to it gives a fair bit of information about his oscillating back and forth between novels and short stories. He seems to use short stories as a break from the ordeal of novel writing. Some of the ideas for his novels came from short stories, but I'm not sure if it ever worked in the other direction. Anyway, I recommend reading that introduction if you have the chance. I'm also greatly enjoying the stories there, so anyone who likes "After the Quake" should pick it up, as well.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote