View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@jackie_w: my guess is that you want to use an IDE-based debugger so you can set breakpoints, inspect objects, and the like. I have never found a way to do something like this, but I confess I haven't looked very hard. My guess is that the only way you might succeed is to run stuff using calibre-debug from inside the IDE. Exactly how you accomplish that is a mystery.

I just use test code snippets and print statements. If needed I stick the print statements in the middle of calibre code so I can see intermediate results. I have even from time to time changed the base startup code so that it runs what I want when starting the gui (stuff in gui2/ui.py). Given that there is no compilation or link time penalty, this actually works out to be quite practical.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote