View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #28
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I pay about $500 a year for cable and I don't seem to own it. My sister pays about $12,000 a year for rent and could be evicted if they decide to rebuild. Perhaps one can own everything one uses over $10, but I don't suppose many are that fortunate.

I can't legally resell the shows I watch on cable and my sister cannot rent her apartment to anyone else without permission. Not all that different.

Helen
True, but the comparison is to paper books, which you can lend out and resell and keep regardless of whether the publisher can/wants to keep paying to keep your book in the DRM servers. I think BeccaPrice's point is that, you lose those rights when you buy an ebook over a pbook, so why pay the same amount if you value those missing rights?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote