View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
"10 Reasons Why eBooks Suck" rant

• Books are incredibly portable, especially smaller paperbacks
  • Books do not require batteries or any electricity to use
  • Books are not fragile (at least relatively speaking in comparison to electronic gadgets)
  • Books are easier on your eyes for long periods of reading (again, in comparison to LCD displays for example)
  • Books are shareable and re-saleable - the only “compatibility” issue is the language it’s written in
  • Books are CHEAPER. A device that costs $400??? Are you kidding me? My entire Amazon wish-list isn’t $400.
  • Books have a faster operating system - I can flip pages without an hourglass or having to wait for my eyes to render the new page
  • Books have better browse-ability - I can thumb through pages very quickly and can easily eyeball 1/3 of the way through a book or the last 25% of the book because the information I want was somewhere in that section.
  • Books have low-tech, cheap built-in DRM - it’s a pain in the arse to copy them….doable but a pain
  • I could think of more, but I’m too lazy

http://www.robneville.net/rants/10-r...-suck/2007/09/
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote