View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
I am happy they have a survey that asks questions regarding ebooks. Getting survey questions right is hard and there is a fine line between too many options and not enough. This survey did fail to have some catch-all answers to denote readers not in their list or to add "other" to the list of ebook readers, etc.

But on the other hand, asking questions trying to get stuff right about ebooks and readers buying habits is a good thing. I am a late adopter, having only bought my nook last week. I see that a good selection of books are available now and most of the authors I follow are in that list. I don't plan on buying paper books ever again unless the attraction is too high and there is no availability for an ebook. For instance, the 4 volume set of the Collected Stories of Roger Zelazny is only available in hardcover today and if I can't get an ebook version before the summer I will buy the set.

I find it gratifying that some SF publishers seem to be more aware of how ebooks will affect them and are trying to get it right. I guess working with books about the future has helped break down their resistance. So though this survey isn't perfect, I do count it as a positive sign.
-Duncan
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote