View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #11878
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
...Tom - the flies are beginning to move in here! And we saw a couple of those giant mosquitoes! I'm stocking up on DEET!
The biting flies? Have you bought one of those electric tennis racket fly zappers yet? They at least give you some sense of revenge when you bite back with one. A tip: I replaced the AA batteries in ours with those super Energizer batteries that advertise a 9 times greater lifespan in electronic devices such as cameras. Now it really lights them up. I blew the body off one the other day. His ugly head stayed in the wire net until I shook it loose. A bit cruel, but oh, so cool!

Here's the good news about those giant mosquitos: they prefer horses to people. I assume they also prefer horses to chickens, but that's only speculation on my part. The important thing is not to take a chance, because their bite is reportedly proportion in pain to their size, so what I'm recommending is that you get a horse and have it nearby whenever you go outside to draw the mosquitoes away from you. Best thing about a horse is that you can ride along and swat the green flies with the tennis racket zapper as you go, thus turning what would otherwise be a miserable outside experience into a refreshing game of terminal (for the bugs) polo.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote