View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #22
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
root@kindle:samba> smbclient -a \\\\127.0.0.1\\data -U guest -N
WARNING: The "idmap uid" option is deprecated
WARNING: The "idmap gid" option is deprecated
WARNING: The security=share option is deprecated
Connection to 127.0.0.1 failed (Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED)

It's a start...

I switched over to the 2007q3 TC.

My limited understanding does appear to now be successfully passing 90% of the flags I want through to BR - with the right headers just for good measure.

I still need to dig through the master .mk and see why my prefixes and such get overridden - The config logs don't seem to reveal "why" and neither does the make.

I'tll get figured out, stuff does in the end.

either way. I have a version that I can use for testing purposes. with only one horrible hack.... an extra ln -s in /etc for the smb.conf - just until I figure out why it still ignores it's own configure options...

but still - a worker.

And the TC seems to pull all the right bits and bats with Nilujes Pre-processor directives in place. I also tried this, the 2006q3, 2008q1, 2010.09, 2012.03 TC's

To see when a fundamental "Break" occured. I got this one to work with no nightmares.

Hope that helps someone else. I went around updating various posts - not all of them yet - with better info. : )

so yeah. samba. insmod smbfs.ko works fine now.
I guess that's for if it needs mounting?

Just considering if I have a blocked port issue ATM. : )

probably also missing the entire user smbpasswd system come to think of it too
*sets about remembering stuff long forgotten*

all input gratefully accepted as ever.

I haven't been wrong today yet - that I know of - so still got one to get out of the way ; )

Last edited by twobob; 08-29-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: listed the actual tests
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote