View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #73
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
If anyone doesn't want to nominate or vote for a book not available in e-book format, that is their choice.
My intention is to read all the selections in both book clubs. As a practical matter, it won't happen. I've already blown it for 2012.

Sometimes I misjudge my commitments and my available time or the unexpected comes up in real life (Leaves of Grass). Sometimes I've already read the book, either too recently to make a re-read appealing (Black Rain) or I didn't like it enough the first time around (unfortunately, this may contraindicate Remains of the Day, depending on the time issue I mentioned first). Sometimes, in all honesty, I'd rather have my fingernails pulled (Unbroken--I suspect, given the example, that this might be an infelicitous metaphor.)

All this is my roundabout and rude way of saying that I agree with HIMS. Despite my best intentions, there are many factors that influence whether or not I'll participate in any given month. If ebook availability is such a factor for an otherwise interested participant, that's the way it goes.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote