View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Toahiba's new tablet has user replaceable battery

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marke...rand-page.html

Any other current tablet/slates have an easily replaceable battery?

One reason I haven't bought any tablet/slate is the total lack of easily replaceable batteries. I mean these are MOBILE devices after all. In mobile device use we do run out of power from time to time, even on devices which hold a charge for a good 8hrs+.

While current devices might have OK battery life for the first 8-15 months they will begin to lose that capacity. Then being Lithium Ion batteries they will go dead all at once. Sure the life span if the batteries is fairly long but for people who need to recharge daily their devices won't really hold a useful charge after a couple years, or less if one needs to recharge a couple times most days.

So, just for the ability to quickly swap out the battery, for now Toshiba gets put on my watch list for a tablet/slate answer. I was let down when Asus did not include a user replaceable battery in the Eee Slate. I really like a 12" device but with the really short battery run time and no ability to swap the battery the whole portable side of the equation breaks down for me.

Might end up waiting yet another generation for basic features I took as a given.

Just wanted to pass along the Toshiba info. I know it's a Staples ad but the info is all there.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote