View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
iRex Statement about Iliad delays!

Hi!
I already put this up in another thread, but to make sure that everybody can view this...

Here is the official version of the statemtn iRex sent me earlier today. Unfortunately the boss at iRex was unwilling to give out all the details to the general public, so what we have here is a slightly "obscured" version.
It is however true in principle.

Quote:
This is the first shipment of iliads from Asia to Europe (anything can go wrong in the first shipment)

There was a misunderstanding with the carrier that shipped the goods to Germany instead of via the Netherlands to Germany

Due to all this the goods stayed in customs without being cleared.

I would have preferred to give you all the details and so would Angel Ancin (I think), but the boss is the boss..

This issue has been the cause of all the confusing delays. UPS was informed that there is a shipment to pick up and they tried to do that, but of course the devices were in customs and not in the stockpoint. iRex then thought that the shipping order never reached UPS (they thought the problem was in their link to UPS but that wasn't it...^^) Because all seemed OK we all received our shipping confirmations, but nothing was shipped of course because the devices were in customs...having been prepared for Amsterdam, they didn't make it through German customs of course...ah well...^^

Now this has been resolved and the devices are on their way to the stockpoint in Dueren, so if no more strange stuff happens we'll see our devices end of this week or beginnin gof next depending on where we live.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote