Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #288
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
You can get the kernels with the "getkernels.sh" script. It works with the /dev/mmcblk0 device, or with an image of the first 32MB of the device (you can use dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/mnt/us/dev/mmcblk0.img bs=4K count=8" to get that image (which also contains uboot images so it good to have).

Also, I like to modify my dd commands a bit to make them run faster (mmc writes are slower than reads). Here is a typical command I use (as I recall):

dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K|tar czvf mmcblk0p1.tar.gz -

This is why my images tend to be in tar.gz files, BTW.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote