Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #1381
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yeah, the Kindles sometimes act really strange. Here's another post of mine with speculations about what *might* cause such weird behavior.
Even the update to 5.3.4 was weird for me -- rather than getting an updating screen, at suspend time (power-button time) I got the 'collecting info' log-dumping screen, followed by a very long pause (presumably while the update was installed) and then a reboot into 5.3.4.

(As an aside: I work for Oracle, so it's *possible* I might be able to ask what the heck cvm is doing, or at least what the heck that local folder full of cached classes is for. Of course, that's like saying 'I live in London so I might be able to get my preferred candidate in as Mayor'... it's a huge company, and I work for a bit very far from the ex-Sun Java bits... but if I should find myself talking to any of the embedded Java folks for some other reason, I'll ask them about this.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote