View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
storax
storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I'd also add that fallback styles are nearly always necessary for dealing with any images that are less-than-full-screen-sized, particularly due to the massive ppi difference across devices.
This comment has piqued my curiosity. I can see where fallback styles would be useful for the difference between FLOAT-able and non-FLOAT-able readers, but don't understand why the ppi differences would need fallbacks.

Wouldn't it be sufficient to set the width of the image in percent?

DISCLAIMER: I haven't tried this yet; just thinking off the top of my head. ALL of my experience is with websites. In other words, a handy collection of misconceptions with which to begin.
storax is offline   Reply With Quote