View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 09:27 AM   #12
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by higgs View Post
I think I prefer the Sony BBeb renderer way of counting pages, i think it is more intuitive and gives a better feel of where you are within the book. With the epub books you can end up going from page 3 to page 3 then to page 3/4 etc.
Ditto. I disliked this feature of epub. Very confusing. Page 899-900 arghhhhh....

I downloaded The Count of Monte Cristo from feedbooks and was not impressed by this format.

a. It takes ages to load TOC if the book is long.
b. Page numbering is interfering with Sony Reader's feature.
c. Page numbers on the right side of the text are annyoing.
d. If you read on M or L, the the right side of the screen looks like "broken teeth" or broken paragraphs, something I always tried to avoid but it is very prominent with epub on 6" screen. Maybe on bigger screens it will be less noticeable. Maybe I am used to a uniform look of LRF on the right hand side unless the paragraphs ends. But I will stick to LRF for now.

Quote:
I still think Sony have it right, ie 'Page X of Y', which automatically updates when you change font size.
This way you can tell exactly where you are within the book and the total number of 'screens' left to read, no matter which font size you are using.
I feel the same about page numbering. I absolutely love Sony Reader's page numbering implementation.

Last edited by astra; 08-17-2008 at 11:33 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote