View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #20
0x55
userdefined
0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo ClaraHD, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
...The second one will appear on the home screen of the device.
Yeah, I discovered that but hadn't realized what was going on due to thrashing about with so many different uploads, metadata edits, conversions, re-re-re-conversions, and explode-tweak-rebuild operations.

So the library is sporting a handful of duplicates with "The Title" and "Title, The." Took me a bit to notice, but that's probably what I was (ignorantly) doing while thinking I was editing on the card. In fact now that I look closely (or more accurately, now that I pay attention to what I'm doing), a little widening reveals a "2 books" notation in the On Device column.

I'm moving 300+ files from a Nook, and in trying to clean up the haphazard mess I've made a different haphazard mess. But Calibre's a sweet tool and this site is a terrific resource. Now to the Calibre forum to research automatic CSS filtering...

At any rate, I second Markino's request: Newly added but unopened books shouldn't bump current reads off the home screen.

And to tack on a minor UI request: Move the Extras button to the panel that comes up before Settings (the one with date, battery status, sync, etc). The extras aren't really a setting and there's room to un-bury them a bit.
0x55 is offline   Reply With Quote