View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #14291
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I love the entire Spacejock series, but to compare it to THHGTTG is to compare apples and meteorites. Both contain sharp and witty exchanges between the main characters, but The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is more firmly based in speculative science-fiction with smatterings of popular philosophy thrown into the mix while the Spacejock series is more slapstick and draws on the get-rich-quick schemes of its main character to drive the story forward.
That lines up with my experience so far. The reviews I saw weren't detailed in their comparisons but did reference the others for the comedy so I was hopeful. And the price (free at Amazon) made it worth trying. Oh well. It isn't bad, just not my thing, so it isn't like I feel cheated on days of reading.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote